• IT Business Systems Analyst with 8 years of experience in Finance and Insurance domains
• Experienced with Risk Management, Risk Ratings Systems, Credit Risk Valuation, Basel II/III Implementation, OTC Securities (Swaps, Options and Futures) Risk Analytics, Equity, Fixed Income Products like Treasury, Mortgaged Backed Securities (MBS), Municipal Bonds, Corporate Bonds etc.,
• Strong knowledge of trading life cycle, hedge fund strategies, securities accounting, financial products.
• Good understanding of (CCAR) -Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review and risk assessment
• Good understanding of Dodd-Frank Act supervisory stress testing
• Extensive Knowledge in Capital Markets, Corporate Finance, Risk Management, Investment Banking, Mortgage, FSA, Equity, Fixed Income, Alternative Investments, Derivatives, M&A, IPO etc.
• Strong understanding of risk control; including Value at Risk(VAR), Anti-Money Laundering(AML), Bank Secrecy Act(BSA), and Know Your Customer(KYC).
• Expertise in Agile and RUP methodologies of Software development
• Expertise in creating Business Requirement Document, Functional, User Stories and Non Functional Specifications.
• Extensive skills in Data Analysis, Requirement Analysis, Business Modeling, and use case developing using UML methodology including Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Class Diagrams, designing prototypes and documenting them using Microsoft Visio.
• Hands-on experience with ER Modeling, Data Modeling, Data Indexing, and Data Normalization.
• Proficient in Test driven development & testing methodologies for performing UAT, System Integration testing (SIT), Business Acceptance Testing (BAT) and documenting test results.
• Being actively involved with QA team in different phases of testing such as System testing, Functional testing, Regression testing and Integration testing for Quality Analysis.
• Expert in facilitating all levels of management, developers, QAs, stakeholders, business users and off-site teams in JADs, brainstorm sessions, white boarding by conferences and WebEx.
Project Design Methodologies Unified Modeling Language, Use Case Development
Business Modeling Tools MS Visio, Visual Paradigm, Balsamiq
Requirement Management Tools SAP Power Designer 16.5, Caliber RM, Rational Rose
Defect Tracking Tools Bugzilla, Silk Central, JIRA
RDBMS Oracle, SQL Server 2012, MS Access
Design Tool & Languages C, C ++, Core JAVA, , Asp.Net, Just in Mind Prototyper, SmartDraw
Analytical Tools IBM SPSS, Tableau, MS Excel- Statistical Functions
MSIT, University of Massachusetts, Boston
Bachelor of Engineering IT, Dharmsinh Desai University, India
Boston Consulting Group, Boston, MA June 2016- Present Project: Implementation of Staffing Online
Business Systems Analyst
The project was regarding enhancements of BCG’s world wide staffing application for their consultants and experts. The system enhancements were made on an existing application for staffing which included integrations with different systems and modules like time and billing, navigator, practice affiliations and career development.
• Conducted analysis of the existing application for staffing online and mapped out existing business processes of the application.
• Analyzed a similar application called Profiles and More for As-is and To-be business process modelling.
• Worked on different reports that were generated by the application for time and billing and world wide placements which were in excel and worked on different attributes of reports to make them SSRS compatible.
• Worked on the architecture of the system to define different roles and map them to current application for maintaining the integrity of the company’s structure.
• Helped the IT manager and lead developer to analyze the security access of different users on the system.
• Conducted JAD sessions which involved the applications world wide business users and refined refined user stories for the application.
• Completed a thorough requirement gathering and feasibility study for the system including functional, system and non functional requirements.
• Created a master requirements document which could track all changes made to the system according to inputs using Ms Excel and Ms. Word.
• Created various cross functional flows to map out main business process flows for the future application using swim lane diagrams and Ms. Visio.
• Created all wire frames using Balsamiq for the future application by working closely with various users and UI team.
• Facilitated communication among the team by conducting meeting using Webex and internal tools.
• Conducted daily reporting sessions with the offshore development team and project manager
• Helped in creation of test cases and also conducted user acceptance testing by conducting walkthroughs.
• Worked on data modelling and mapping from different integrated databases in to the current application.
Environment: Windows 7, Hybrid Agile, Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, Visio, Balsamiq, Internal applications.
HSBC BANK, New York, NY July 2014-May 2016
Project: Quantitative Risk Management System
Sr. Business Analyst
The Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) is a series of institutional risk modeling software and HSBC uses the Interest Rate/Market Risk Modeling module. The project was to upgrade and shift current QRM configuration to create new functionalities in order to adopt new global firm-wide standardized risk modeling reporting regulatory. Version upgrading includes adding data sources and integrating data from more sub-systems. New functionalities consist of building new stress testing and scenario analysis functions and design different reporting platform for different risk modeling methods.
• Conduct Brainstorming and JAD Session to gather Business Requirements from Market Risk Group, Risk Reporting Team and other stakeholders (PMEs, Compliance, etc.)
• Conduct Gap Analysis of the features and functionality of current platform version and new version to determine the new functions to be added in.
• Analyze the new regulatory requirements of Basel Accord of all Pillar 2 and 3 phases on Market Risk calculation, monitoring and reporting, and new implementation of Comprehensive Stress Testing.
• Design detailed FRD according to BRD and Basel regulatory requirements using PowerDesigner.
• Model the detailed design of the system using UML diagrams including Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Use Case, and Data Flow diagrams using SmartDraw.
• Facilitate meetings with Development Team and Testing Team to walk through the FRDs and discuss feasibility of each requirement.
• Identify and assess potential data source of Interest Rate, help the market data team to integrate data using ETL tools.
• Prepared year-end financial statements (Balance Sheet) and budgets.
• Work with Quantitative Analysts to design and administrate new Stressed VaR model and Advanced Monte Carlo Simulation method
• Work with Risk Reporting team to generate new Standard Pillar 3 Reporting framework, distinguish firm-wide global standards within QRM and the unique requirements for US site.
• Review Test Plan and Test Cases provided by Testing Team.
• Conduct quick Smoke Test after each bill in testing.
• Involved in design and implementation of Progression and Regression Tests of the new functionalities added in QRM system.
• Manage bugs using Defect Tracking Tool like Silk Central, review each defect and assign development team to resolve problems.
• Generate User Manual and prepare Training Material of new QRM to internal users.
• Plan and Conduct User Acceptance Test (UAT).
Environment: RUP, Windows 7, Microsoft SQL Server, PowerDesigner, MS Office, Silk Central, SmartDraw
Bank of America, Charlotte, NC October 2012- June 2014
Project: Capital Markets/Compliance
Sr. Business Analyst
The goal of the project was to make successful implementation and enhancements to KYC application in compliance with the AML regulations. The project also involved enhancements in cross functional business units related to Client On-Boarding Process.
• Gathered Business Requirements, defined the scope of the project, analyze and prioritized requirements, developed customized business strategies, and identified high potential business opportunities
• Automated the generation of Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhance Due Diligence (EDD) reports in compliance with AML regulation.
• Conducted JAD sessions, met with client and end users in order to accelerate the design of IT solutions and also depict the user`s view of the business needs and to jointly develop a solution
• Created burn down chart of the whole project and also each sprint while conducting daily scrum meetings with developers.
• Involved in making appropriate commitments through story selection, sizing and tasking
• Involved in Scrum Sprint Planning Sessions, Backlog Grooming Sizing, Sprint Retrospectives & Reviews, Daily Stand ups, User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
• Developed UML diagrams (use case diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, and class diagrams) in order to validate entity reference data and verification of the customer records: legal name, address, business purpose legitimacy and analysis of transaction activity)
• Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for data warehouse, and did data profiling
• Created wireframes in order to help developers build the application in Visual Basic and held data modeling sessions by developing DFD
• Implemented layouts for Suspicious Activity and Pattern analysis under AML regulations
• Issued the Test Plan Document, Test Planning, Test Design and Test Execution and was involved in the Testing Process which verified and validated all the defined business requirements and associated functionalities
• Lead the UAT effort and was single point of contact for all the User Testing issues and Change Management.
• Created the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) in order to project the life cycle activities and work products to the project requirements
• Coordinated System Integration Testing (SIT), and Regression testing for the project implementation.
• Effectively led the effort and implementation of the Business User Acceptance Testing.
• Worked closely with Change Management team and attended Change Advisory Board meetings.
Environment: Agile, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Visio, MS Project, SQL, UNIX
Ernst & Young, LLC, Secaucus, NJ January 2011- September 2012
Sr. Business Analyst
Project I: Global Treasury Tracking Tool
Global Treasury Tool is global application to store credit facilities, investments and pension plans. This application provides ability to treasury team manage global investment initiatives and record performance of investments worth approx. $22 billons. Application integrated with various internal finance applications to provide synchronized information on firm’s investments. The tool was designed to collaborate the global investment information which would be beneficial to the Treasury department.
Project II: Margin Modeling Tool
The Margin Modeling Tool (MMT) is used to plan engagements by selecting resources, allocating time to them, adding various economic conditions/scenarios and deriving the proposed Margin for the engagement with company’s worldwide clients. The application supports scenario management so users can view different “what if” scenarios by changing their resourcing mix, engagement fee, economic conditions, premiums & discounts based scenarios, progress based indicators and calculating the possible impact on the engagement margin. MMT provides the cost and billing rate for resources at a business unit and rank level and can be used to prepare a basic plan or include more detail including surcharges, adjustments, year on year billing and cost increases etc. Incorporated Agile methodology for the Agile.
• Prepared the Business Requirement Document (BRD) and User Stories for the system.
• Collaborated with Project Manager for creating, analyzing and reviewing business requirements, System specifications and project schedule documentation.
• Perform reverse engineering to gather requirements from various existing tools designed using Macro based Excels, Web and windows, which the firm used globally to perform calculation for margin modelling and data records.
• For GTT and MMT was involved with extensive data mining and data mapping using SPSS and running SQL queries.
• Conducted Business Requirements walkthrough & finalization sessions with the business owners as well as the Technical team for requirement Sign-Off.
• Worked with the technical and quality assurance teams to assist in the development, documentation, and analysis of functional requirements.
• Used Microsoft Visio and Enterprise Architect to create UML diagrams. Created workflow diagrams, activity diagrams, and sequence diagram.
• Designed and Developed User Interface Mock-ups using Microsoft Visio and Just in Mind prototyper for initial prototyping of web application user interface and review with stakeholders and user group leaders globally.
• Involved with QA to design and review test cases to verify various modelling scenarios and complex calculation equations. Participate in Test plan creation and Companion Guide starting from development stage to production, including both internal and external requirements.
• Standardized the Nomenclature used to define the same data by users from different business units.
Environment: Agile scrum, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Suite 360, Enterprise Architecture, UML, SQL Server , SPSS, Bugzilla
Allstate Insurance, New Orleans, Louisiana June 2008 – December 2010
Project: Property and Casualty
Allstate Insurance is one of the renowned names in the insurance market in Midwest region. The individuals provide guidance and lend their expertise to ensure this insurance operation continues to be successful in the property and casualty insurance marketplace.
The main objective of the project was to improve the user experience policyholders of Allstate Insurance.
• Worked with business stakeholders and project leaders to gather business requirements and worked with other business analysts to created functional requirements.
• Gathered and documented the business requirements into detailed business requirements document.
• Used the As-is business process maps to identify the gaps in the existing system.
• Created the To-be business process maps to figure out the solutions to all the teams and gain the approval from the SEMs and business management team.
• Created application prototypes and User Interface mock-ups.
• Developed UML Diagrams such as Use Case and Data Flow Diagrams with development and testing teams in order to claim the processing methods.
• Worked with other business analysts to created, brainstormed and redesigned User Interface.
• Conducted Requirement Walkthroughs with the development and testing teams to ensure the requirements are clarified and accurate before the development and testing started.
• Involved in Defect Life Cycle to validated and monitored all documented defects and progress.
• Worked with QA teams to create and approved the test plan and test cases.
• Created the Users Acceptance Testing plans with several business scenarios to ensure the functionality and features are reach the requirements and correct.
• Assisted and coordinated with testing teams to monitor bugs to ensure the system quality meets business standards and users requirements.
Environment: Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology, Windows XP/Vista, DLC, UAT, SnagIt, CaliberRM