• 11+ years of diverse experience as Business Analyst in Financial Industry with business process engineering projects in leading financial institutions. Excellent Knowledge in the procedures of Banking & Regulatory Compliances – Anti-Money Laundering (AML): Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Guidance, Customer Identification Program (KYC/CIP); Basel III, Dodd-Frank Act and CCAR.
In depth knowledge of Agile, RUP, Waterfall
Strong experience in Agile Scrum concepts including Product backlog, Sprint planning, Sprint Retrospective, User stories, Daily standup, Burn down charts, Planning poker, etc.
Hands on expertise in Requirement Gathering and Management:
• Expertise in facilitation of interviews, conference, workshops in Joint Requirement Planning (JRP), Joint Application Development (JAD) and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions
• Adept at requirements gathering, Surveys/Questionnaire development, Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Documents (FRD)
• Handling change management by conducting Impact Analysis & Change Control Board (CCB) meetings.
• Proficient in creating screen mock-ups/ wire frames/ Prototypes, UI/ GUI, Use Case Diagrams, Activity & diagrams using Unified Modeling Language (UML).
Fully involved in Testing & Documentation including:
• Test planning/ preparation/ execution, Issue Resolution & Report Generation using Defect Life Cycle & Defect Tracking Tools.
• Interacting with on-site and off-shore Quality Assurance (QA) teams for Black Box / GUI / Regression / Progression/ System / stress & performance testing.
• Conducting User Acceptance Test (UAT), Post Production Validation (PPV), Smoke testing.
• Test Case documentation, creating User manual, conducting Training sessions.
Strong technical skills in SQL to extract data from database for data analysis and testing.
Experience in regulatory related projects related to Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), Mandatory Clearing for Commodities & other OTC instruments.
Knowledge of Credit Default Swaps (CDS), Derivatives & Commodity Trading.
• Masters of Business Administration (MBA) – Business Strategy, University of Glasgow, UK
• Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM) Finance, University of Pune, India
• Bachelor of Engineering (BE) – Computer Science, 2003 Rajasthan University, India
Business Modelling Tools Power Designer, MS Project, MS Office
Documentation Tools UML, MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project), MS Visio, SharePoint
Defect Management Tools HP Quality Centre, Silk Central, JIRA, Bugzilla, Q Test
Prototyping/Wireframe: Snagit, Smart Draw, Just in Mind, MS Visio, Visual Paradigm
Programming Languages C++, Java, Visual Basic, SQL, UML, HTML, XML
Brown Brothers Harriman, NY Jan 2016 – Present
Sr. Business System Analyst
Brown Brothers Harriman is the oldest & largest private bank in the United States providing advisory, wealth management, commercial banking and investor services for corporate institutions and HNWI clients. Alongside commercial banking, the firm provides global custody, foreign exchange, private equity, investment management, merger & acquisitions for individuals & institutions, personal trust and estate administration.
Project: Project ‘CCAR View’ required coordinating CCAR regulatory reporting and accomplish change request from senior stakeholders to make sure functions of CCAR reporting met the requirements from accountants.
• To serve as a liaison between technical development team & business users in Compliance department and ensure that business requirements are effectively developed into easy to implement functional requirements.
• Gathered CCAR PPNR and supplementary metrics (FRY-14) forecast from different business units.
• Supported CCAR and BASEL data acquisition teams to validate and reconcile data coming from various systems.
• Extensively researched and collected the customer financial documentations and completed research for suspicious activity reports on KYC, AML, and BSA analysis reports for flagged accounts.
• Responsible for conducting stakeholder meetings and communication on new requirement, development statuses, defect tracking, change management requests & progress reports.
• Performed Business Analysis, wrote BRDs in the area of Counterparty credit risk, Specific Wrong Way Risk in the light of Basel III-Identification, flagging and enhanced treatment, EAD and RWA computation & Balance sheet Reconciliation.
• Ensure quality control of developed requirements by conducting functional testing, regression testing, post production validation, smoke testing & user acceptance testing using tools like HP/QC.
• Utilize knowledge of regulatory requirements specific to Dodd-Frank Act Stress Testing.
• Focused in the area of Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) Reporting, Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) and Dodd–Frank Regulatory Reporting, including FRY 9C, FRY 14M/Q/A.
• Promptly report bugs & defects and ensure effective resolution to meets stakeholder expectations.
• Off-shore & on-shore team co-ordination at all stages of SDLC including requirement gathering, analysis, documentation, design, development, testing & implementation.
• Serve as first level of escalation for junior testers & business analysts on queries, issues, reporting of bugs and defects and issue resolutions.
• Provide training & assistance to end users and junior Business Analyst within the group.
Environment: RUP, KYC, JIRA, MS Visio, MS SharePoint, SQL Server, MS Office
JP Morgan Chase, NJ Jul 2015- Nov 2015
Sr. Business Analyst & Scrum Master
JP Morgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion & business operations in more than 100 countries. The Global Compliance & Regulatory Management (GCRM) Department is responsible for design & development of all regulatory based IT applications for external (audit) & internal purposes to maintain regulatory compliance at all times.
Project: The project required development of an efficient Stress Testing Platform to support both internal & external regulatory requirements in US, UK & other countries that JPMC operates in.
• Analyze regulatory requirements for Dodd Frank initiatives and ensure completeness and accuracy by partnering with development and CCAR Program Team.
• Analyzed the new regulatory requirements of Basel Accord of Pillar 2 and 3 phases on Market Risk calculation, monitoring and reporting, and new implementation of Comprehensive Stress Testing.
• Internal Audit Analyst for CCAR remediation project. Analyzed, reviewed and remediated CCAR data extraction and modeling processes.
• Work closely with stakeholders to assess current state, perform gap analysis, and develop requirements for business process, capability and technology infrastructure enhancements to support creation and management of stress testing scenarios.
• Prepare interview questionnaire for requirement elicitation from SMEs and obtain approval of requirements and prioritization of implementation plan.
• As Scrum Master, work towards removing blockers and impediments for the team, ensuring product development is carried smoothly and efficiently.
• Fulfill Scrum Master’s role & responsibilities by facilitating scrum ceremonies (Daily stand-up, Sprint Planning, Review & Retrospective Meetings) and tracking Sprint progress by daily monitoring Task Board & Burn down Chart.
• Train/ coach team on Agile Methodologies & best practices and consistently working towards developing self-organized, cross-functional Agile Team.
• Ensure timely and quality development of capability, process, infrastructure support for stress test scenario management, governance and control checks.
• Lead timely identification and resolution development of issues, risks, dependencies by promoting collaboration with CCAR program team, Risk Action, Risk Project Management & development team.
• Manage Product Backlog and Sprint Backlog. Organize Sprint activities in a way that technical debt and requirement prioritization results in potentially shippable product to business community every sprint.
• Staying abreast of regulatory changes to lead change management.
• Used extensive SQL queries for data analysis, to provide summary reports and data feeds to analytics reporting system.
• Develop Project Status metrics for weekly Project Status and impact analysis of Change Requests.
Environment: Agile Methodology, MS Office Suite, Sybase DB, Sharepoint, JIRA, Confluence.
UBS, Weehawken, NJ Jun 2013- Jul 2015
Sr. Business Analyst
UBS, a Swiss Global Financial Services company ranked among the leading banking companies in US. It offers a variety of banking products and financial solutions like personal banking, small business, retail banking, home financing and equity loans, asset management, wealth management, corporate and investment banking, credit card and payment services to its customers.
Project: The ‘Quantitative Risk Management (QRM)’ is a series of institutional risk modeling software that uses Interest Rate/Market Risk Modeling with focus on liquidity risk management (LRM). The project was to upgrade the current application version and generate report for CCAR stress testing scenarios. The to-be system was required to generate annually, quarterly or monthly report for CCAR reporting & fulfill FR Y-9C requirements.
• Conduct Brainstorming and JAD Session to gather Business Requirements with Regulatory and Compliance subject matter experts to have a good knowledge of CCAR reporting.
• Conduct Gap Analysis of the features and functionality of current platform version and new version to determine the new functions to be added in.
• As part of CCAR, worked on Stress Testing solution to check the health of the portfolio of investments for the client to ascertain Capital adequacy.
• Design detailed FRD, and Solution Options Document according to BRD and Basel regulatory requirements using Power Designer.
• Model detailed design of the system using UML diagrams including Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Data Flow diagrams using Smart Draw.
• Facilitate meetings with Development Team and Testing Team to walk through the FRDs and discuss feasibility of each requirement.
• Work with Quantitative Analysts to design and administrate new Stressed VaR model and Advanced Monte Carlo Simulation method
• Work with Risk Reporting team to generate new Standard Pillar 3 Reporting framework and distinguish firm-wide global standards within QRM as per unique requirements for US site.
• Review Test Plan and Test Cases provided by Testing Team & conduct quick Smoke Test after each build.
• Involved in design and implementation of Progression and Regression Tests of the new functionalities added in QRM system.
• Manage bugs using Defect Tracking Tool like JIRA, review each defect and assign development team to resolve problems.
• Assist QA in testing, write UAT Test cases, perform White Box, Functional, User Acceptance, Integration & Regression testing ensuring bugs & defects are timely addressed and product features & functionalities meet stakeholder expectations at all times.
• Used IBM-ILOG decision validation system to simulate and testing of business rule changes for the product.
• Generate User Manual and prepare Training Material of new QRM to internal users.
Environment: Agile, MS SQL Server, Power Designer, MS Office, IBM Log, Smart-Draw, Share Point
Met Life Insurance Jun 2011- Jun 2013
Met Life Insurance Company is a leading global provider of insurance, annuities & employee benefit program. It is the largest life insurer in US based on life insurance in-force.
Project: ‘Customer Initiated Assignment (CIA)’ is a solution that provides customers the ability to change their servicing agent for any or all of their existing policies and accounts at any time through any channel they prefer – directly with their agent, online (via computer or mobile device), with a customer care network (CCN) representative or additional sales associate (i.e. Agency Field Leadership).
• Gathered User and Business Requirements through interviews, surveys, prototyping and studying the As Is processes.
• Conducted feasibility study and GAP analysis before implementing a new feature.
• Worked as an Interface between business users and the different teams involved in the application development for better understanding of the business and IT processes.
• Facilitated JAD sessions to gather business requirements from stakeholders, SMEs, Servicing Agents for CIA application, business users and external users.
• Created Business Requirement Specifications (BRS) and Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS).
• Created wireframes and prototypes of the new web interfaces to communicate the ideas to the business users and the management teams.
• Created Use cases, Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Flow Diagrams using Power Designer.
• Set up definitions and process for test phases including Product test, Integration test, System test and User Acceptance Test (UAT).
Environment: RUP, SQL, XML, MS Excel, Power Designer, MS Power-point, Bugzilla
All State Insurance, Northbrook, Illinois Sep 2007 –Aug 2009
Business Analyst (Property and Casualty)
Allstate sells 13 major lines of insurance, including auto, property, life, and commercial. Automotive insurance forms the primary majority of Allstate’s operations and revenue. It mainly pertains to maintenance of its customer information, policy details, agent’s information, premium tariffs, vehicle information, history of their road accident, personal injury, and claims settlement which also includes self and third party liability.
Project: Allstate Insurance Agent System (Vertafore IMS360) is a client/server-based application involving tasks like registering new policyholders on a call or through an authorized agent, claims processing, disbursement of agent’s service charges & validation of aforesaid activities. The system quotes, rates, emails forms, certifies renewals & commissions flow in and out of a secure customer/policy database connecting with carrier in real time
• Broadly worked in an agile environment comprising of Business Users, Customers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to analyze existing agent management system with Vertafore AMS360.
• Gathered User stories to include coverage of business values, story points and acceptance criteria.
• Assisted product owners, scrum master and scrum team to create good Product Backlogs & prioritize features and subsequently create Sprint backlogs for integrating specific features.
• Provided in-depth User Interface document to development and testing team for clearly understanding reporting and dashboard features.
• Conducted requirement walkthroughs with development and test teams before the development and testing phases respectively.
• Formulated and maintained Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to trace technical requirements to their business requirements and the test case to their functional requirements.
• Extensively used task boarding and poker planning for understanding individual level of effort (LOE).
• Performed Post Production Validation (PPV), User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and smoke testing to ensure that insurance agents are able to use application with ease.
• Prepared user manuals and conducted agent training sessions.
Environment: Agile, Power designer, Smart Draw, Microsoft Visio, UML, JIRA, Oracle DB, Java, SQL.
Standard Chartered Investments and Loans Ltd, Bangalore, India Jan 2006- Sep 2007
Standard Chartered Bank is India’s largest international bank. Standard Chartered Investments and Loans Limited is a 100% subsidiary of Standard Chartered Bank and provides diversified financial services.
Project: The project involved redesign and enrichment of company’s web portals to enhance customer satisfaction & loyalty and building a reliable and sustainable product with focus on UI design and development.
• Identified the areas for improvement by reviewing and analyzing the existing online portal systems.
• Gather requirements by conducting meetings and brainstorming sessions with end users and SME.
• Assisted senior business analysts in performing GAP analysis and documenting the Business Requirements. Functional Requirements and Non-Functional Requirements into Business Requirement Documents (BRDs) and Functional Requirement Documents (FRDs).
• Designed and developed Use Cases, Sequence and Activity Diagrams using UML.
• Created wireframes and prototypes of the new web interfaces to communicate development ideas to the business users and the management teams.
• Worked closely with UI design and development team to ensure viability of new features and ensure proper functionalities of the complete system.
• Created and maintained Meeting Minutes/Issues Log and ensured timely resolution of all items.
• Created UAT Test cases and assisted senior business analysts in conducting UAT tests.
Environment: Rational Unified Process (RUP) Methodology, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office Suite